Familiar products, which should be treated with caution
Food - a pledge of strength and good mood for the whole day. But what if eating a delicious meal, we did not bring benefits to the body, and the grass of its harmful products? Let us examine the examples of how to distinguish among their enemies perfectly harmless to food mean.
The Brussels sprouts contain very high amounts of vitamin C. Its action is aimed at a more rapid and intensive blood clotting, so it can be very dangerous for people with heart problems. Reported case where excessive consumption of Brussels sprouts to the hospital was a man with a heart implant. To his artificial heart worked flawlessly, he took anticoagulants, which came in response to vitamin K, which eventually led to a critical state.
Absolutely you can not have bad nuts ripe almonds! In their composition contains cyanide, which can provide a serious poisoning. In the unripe bitter almonds with is also poisonous hydrocyanic acid, which is not less harmful to the human body. Unfortunately, most often because of raw almonds make butter or toasted nuts for snacks. If you eat these foods in immoderate amounts unimportant state of health is guaranteed. Adverse symptoms: headaches, dizziness, mild disorientation and even a small drug intoxication.
Even water can be poisoned as silly as it may sound. All employees of the medical sphere, and the people who love sports, calling every day to drink as much water as possible. The day consumption rate is 2-2, 5 liters. If you stick to it, all of the internal systems of the body will work like a clock, and sleep will be calm and strong. But above the norm, one can observe a very different picture - water intoxication. A large amount of water is bad for the state of the blood, it dilutes the concentration. A similar process leads to an imbalance of electrolytes, which is scientifically called hyponatremia. In this disease mainly affects professional athletes. According to statistics, 13% of runners participating in the race, are responsible for their water intoxication.
Carrots - a very useful product. It contains a large number of minerals, vitamins and fibers, improving the digestion process. But the carrot, like the other, even the most useful food should be eaten in moderation. Excessive consumption of this bright vegetable leads to accumulation in the body a form of Vitamin A - beta-carotene molecule. Accumulating in the plasma, these substances can stain the skin at a slight resemblance carrot color - orange or yellow. Scientists have even conducted studies, determining where is the threshold of redundancy. To become a carrot, you need to have a mug of root chopped every day for a couple of months.
5. Soy sauce
In 2013, a young man drank almost a liter in the dispute soy sauce. Such indiscretion led to the fact that he was in a coma for three days. The doctors managed to save his life, but what was the risk? A large number of soybean sauce critical salt level increases and provokes the development of hypernatremia - a disease in which the plasma sodium concentration strongly increases. The first alarm bells are dizziness and loss of consciousness.
Tuna - a very tasty fish. But all the big fish, and blue handsome tuna - is no exception, have a habit of accumulating methylmercury in their muscle tissue. Because eating a large amount of raw tuna, it is possible to earn a mercury poisoning. Unfortunately, to determine the content of harmful components in the fish without special equipment is impossible. No one is immune. However, there is a comforting news: regular studies suggest that tuna is often used for cooking in Japanese restaurants, contain mercury at or slightly above the permissible level. But vigilance is still necessary. Long-term mercury poisoning is able to degrade the ability of learning and memory. In individual cases, can lead to a violation of renal failure. A person weighing 70 kg can have no more than 170 grams of tuna per week.
7. Peanuts and peanut butter
A delicious and loved by many peanuts is the most common cause of allergies. Before you get carried away by this product, it is necessary to find out how the body relates to such food. Allergy attack, if it is not stopped in time, lead to anaphylaxis - severe narrowing of the airways. As a result, a man sorely lacking air, it gets a shock and lose consciousness. For allergies need to be taken very seriously and treated promptly.
Nutmeg - a frequent guest of many dishes. Spice with a subtle sweet and spicy flavor and aroma perfectly complements meat, fish, first courses, desserts, salads, hot drinks as tea, mulled wine and coffee, as well as many other recipes. However, large amounts of nutmeg is able to cause significant harm to the body. In its structure there is a natural compound, called myristicin. This substance has a hallucinogenic effect, very similar to the influence of the drug LSD. Myristicin in its pure form is very toxic. Having used 5 grams of favorite spices, you can earn an unpleasant visit to the hospital.