Unforgettable subway station
The most beautiful metro stations of the world (Dubai, Moscow, Naples).
In our time, the metro has ceased to be simply a means of transportation, and the station does not always serve as a transit point. In many countries, these underground space was turned into a real gallery, exhibition halls, and even a stage for festivals and competitions. Given this trend, going to travel, do not limit yourself to famous attractions, and go down into the underground world of underground, because who knows, maybe that is where you will find a truly stunning architecture and design hitherto unprecedented.
1. The Stockholm Metro (Sweden)
The most unusual subway station in Stockholm (Sweden).
To name just one station of this great city can not do it, because it is the capital of Sweden is breaking all records for the most beautiful subway stations. And this is not surprising, because from the very beginning of its construction, in 1950, on the design of the space were employed more than 140 artists who created the masterpiece platform. Therefore, each subway station is decorated in a unique style. In this unusual museum you can not only admire the amazing paintings of fine art and wonder of design solutions, but also to participate in competitions, and even hang out at various festivals.
The most beautiful and famous stations of Stockholm are:
So look station "Tensta metro station (Tensta)" and "Hallonbergen (Hallonbergen)" (Stockholm, Sweden).
- "Tensta metro station (Tensta)" - its interior is decorated in the form of rock paintings depicting life in Antarctica - "Hallonbergen (Hallonbergen)" was decorated with cute drawings positive children under the age of five years
The Stockholm subway, station "Solna Centrum Metro Station (Solna Centrum)" and "The Royal Garden (Kungstradgarden)" (Sweden).
- "Solna Centrum Metro Station (Solna Centrum)" is an ancient cave ceiling with red and green walls, which depict people to win yourself space from nature - cutting down the forest and build their homes
- "The Royal Garden (Kungstradgarden)" - the most mysterious plant that adorns many marble bas-reliefs and sculptures with antique motifs.
One of the most informative subway stations in Stockholm - "Institute of Technology (Tekniska hogskolan)" (Sweden).
- "Institute of Technology (Tekniska hogskolan)" - the station can not miss, it is entirely man-made style is dedicated to scientific discoveries and the physical laws of nature. Here, visitors are greeted and the solar system and Newton's apple, and musical notation and molecular models, and has a huge number of informative and interesting gizmos.
Metro station "rådhuset metro station (Radhuset)" is more like the cave of the Mountain King (Stockholm, Sweden).
- "rådhuset metro station (Radhuset)" and all included in the list of mandatory visits to the underground and is the main attraction of the city. Its main feature is the unusual design of the whole space; If other stations ennoble, giving them a more modern look, its walls left intact, cleverly emphasizing the pristine views of rock tunnels, which are illuminated by neon lights, making pozdemku even more mysterious and beautiful.
2. The Moscow Metro (Russia)
One of the most beautiful stations of Moscow Metro (Russia).
The Moscow Metro is rightly considered the most beautiful in the world, because many of its stations won the highest awards at international exhibitions and have the status of monuments of architecture, taking pride of place in the anthology of selected works of world architecture. Especially highlighted station, created in the period from 1935 to mid-1950's. They are more like underground palaces, rather than transportation.
The most beautiful Moscow station - "Mayakovskaya" decorated plates rhodonite - rare species of semi-precious rhodonite (Russia). | Photo: russian7.ru.
Most of vestibules and underground halls decorated with statues, bas-reliefs, paintings, mosaics, stained glass windows and paintings of famous artists of the country, the webs are stored in the best museums of the world.
subway station "Komsomolskaya" - the most pompous and apotheosis station Stalin Empire (Moscow, Russia).
Station "Theater" is decorated with porcelain figures depicting people dancing in traditional costumes republics of the USSR (Moscow, Russia).
The incredible beauty of the stained glass windows adorn the metro station "Novoslobodskaya" (Moscow, Russia).
Station "Taganskaya" is decorated with ceramic panels, which are installed inside the bas-reliefs of the heroes of different types of troops (Moscow, Russia).
The walls and ceilings of underground station "Novokuznetskaya" decorated with bas-reliefs, mosaic (Moscow, Russia).
3. Toledo Metro Station in Naples (Italy)
The most fantastic Toledo metro station in Naples (Italy). The station was opened after the reconstruction in 2012 and immediately became famous all over the world. Now her and called Subway Art, design registration because the artist Robert Wilson in tandem with the Spanish firm Oscar Tusketsa not leave anyone indifferent. Due to the mosaic, located on the ceiling and panels, projecting amazing colors light, the visitors a feeling as if they are walking on an exotic planet and in a completely different galaxy.
4. The subway station "Arts Et Metiers" in Paris (France)
Metro station "Arts Et Metiers" in Paris is more like a giant submarine, rather than on the traffic interchange (France).
This station also experienced an ambitious reconstruction in 1994, which was led by architect François Shiten. After the implementation of his concept had extraordinary success, because he was able to recreate the legendary "Nautilus" Captain Nemo who went not in the ocean, and deep into the earth.
On the walls of the station strengthened copper sheets huge bolts and nuts, decorated with portholes and a ceiling installed giant gears and mechanisms that create the illusion of an underwater ship traffic.
5. metro station "Golden Gate" in Kiev (Ukraine)
The most beautiful metro station "Golden Gate" in Kiev (Ukraine).
"Golden Gate" - one of the most beautiful stations in Kiev, was established in 1989 under the project of architects Zhezherin. Walls and domed ceiling decorated with white marble, which is decorated with huge bronze chandeliers. On the walls you can see the original mosaic in the style of the Kievan Rus.
6. subway station Estación de Atocha in Madrid (Spain)
The most exotic and green metro Estación de Atocha station in Madrid (Spain).
This is perhaps the most exotic and "live" station in the world. After all, in order to realize the vision of architects had to create a special dome of glass and steel. Thanks to what is now in the underworld rampant tropical garden, with lush green plants, there are more than 7000 species. It is difficult to imagine, but here under the ground there are artificial ponds and creeks in which they live 22 species of turtles, frogs and a huge amount of different fish.
7. subway station Khalid Bin Al Waleed Dubai (UAE)
The most futuristic subway station Khalid Bin Al Waleed is in Dubai (UAE).
One of the most futuristic object in this list - it's station Khalid Bin Al Waleed, which is located in Dubai, and it looks like a high-class, science-fiction future platform. Its design is completely dominates oceanic orientation and style, which is evident in the luxurious chandeliers of hollow tentacles of gigantic proportions, reminiscent of jellyfish that glow blue and azure color, creating a fantastic maritime atmosphere.