• Rabbit Island
The island is also called Ōkunoshima Usaagi-Sim, which means "rabbit island". If you believe the articles on the Internet, on the island free to live more than 700 rabbits.
1. To get to the island, I was first on the train reached the station Tadanoumi.
2. And from her already on a small ferry swam to the island itself. The ferry runs every 15 minutes, ticket price is very modest. Floated.
3. All transition to the island takes about twenty minutes.
4. From the pier is visible is the highest part of the island, next to the tower. Later I will climb back.
5. released to the beach to tourists immediately catch rabbits, hoping delicious. You understand that resist such ears is absolutely impossible :)
By the way, I read that the ears are Krol natural radiators. Blood flowing through the dense network of vessels, quickly cools, and this cools the body of the animal. Considering that on the island that day was well over 30, I think it helps eared not die from heat stroke.
6. Eat animals that bring tourists, plus their staff feeds, constantly living there, but in general the plants and there is also enough.
7. Despite today's mi-mi-mishnost places, history of the island is very ominous.
In the last century it was a military base, where chemical weapons were produced. In the 20s of the last century on the island it was built a large factory, which produced chemical warfare agents until the end of World War II. After Japan lost the war, the laboratory and the factory have been destroyed. From them there were only a few walls, and in 1988 the island was opened Museum of poisonous gas, which can be viewed on the documents and exhibits telling about the production of this type of weapon.
Some sources say that rabbits are living today on the island - the descendants of those animals, which experimented in laboratories, according to other sources, all rabbits are descended from eight long-eared, which in the early 70s was brought to the island of Japanese students and released into the wild .
I'm going to look at what is left of the plant.
8. The building turned out to be quite large.
9. In any case, a long time did not go through the ruins, there may still air poisonous :)
I went for a walk along the path that runs somewhere inland. Rabbits are everywhere.
10. Eared much rather consume cabbage ...
11. ... than some special food that is sold at the pier.
12. Tourists ride on tracks on bikes, but we must be careful not to crush the animals.
13. People are not afraid of animals. Hiking, fawn cats, when you lie down on the ground to photograph, poked his nose into the lens. Noses they wet the lens front zasoplivili me, brat :)
14. But another zabroshka.
15. According to the inscriptions, there was a powder keg.
16. Of course, he is not deprived rabbits. Color like as my cat.
17. Somewhere side notice the wooden ladder. We have to see something there.
18. As it turned out, it was a path to the top of the island. It was a long time, sometimes stopped and photographed the area.
20. The view from the observation deck.
21. rested and went down. By the time I had not left treats, and local residents were unhappy with me.
22. It seems, on the island often rains: along the road most delicate carpet of moss.
23. When reached the coastal zone with cafes and hotels, I met a king-rabbit. He did not humiliate himself requests for food, and just lay there and waited until podnesut. And by the way, the tray.
24. The food Zverkov heartily. Who carrot.
26. The small rabbits, too, have their share.
27. He stayed on the island I was four hours. OK it's all over Now. Thank you all who read to the end.