Fair grooms, or how to pass a beauty contest among the men in Niger
• grooms Fair or How is the beauty contest for women in Niger
Women's beauty pageants have long been familiar, but among the representatives of a strong half of mankind such competitions - a rarity. A really know a lot about a man's charm residents Wodaabe tribe living on the territory of Niger. Every year is a holiday in which men compete for the title of best of the best, estimate contenders woman, and if desired, they can pick any contestant herself a husband!
(Total 14 photos)
1. The beauty contest for men in Wodaabe tribe (Niger). The contestants lined up in front of the jury
2. Usually the competition man preparing in advance: decorate dresses with bright accessories and applied to the face yellow ocher. The holiday is traditionally opens the parade, brave warriors of the tribe dance and sweat in the middle of the desert, to impress the strict judges. Among the criteria for evaluating candidates for the victory, face beauty, tall and graceful, original outfits, the brightness of the eyes and white smile.
3. Impressive dress with bright accessories
4. Spectacular headdress
5. Ornaments, painting on the body and a bright ornament on clothes
Main esteemed values in the life of this tribe - this is the beauty, the cattle and the family. It has long been engaged in herding tribe, today most of the clans engaged in the supply of meat, "fed" the population from Lake Chad to the Atlantic coast of Senegal.
6. Men Wodaabe tribe in national skirts
7. Healthy teeth - one of the criteria of beauty
8. The expressive eyebrows and lips
Unusual holiday-competition takes place in September at the end of the rainy season before the start of the annual migration of animals. The action was called guérewol, it unites the inhabitants of the various clans. In addition to a beauty contest, young people come here to take part in camel races, as well as an unusual wedding ceremony. Women evaluating the skill and beauty of the women, have the right to choose a husband among the contestants.
9. The men dream to find love on this holiday
10. Almost Hollywood smiles Wodaabe men of the tribe (Niger)
11. Women Wodaabe tribe recognized as one of the most beautiful in Africa
The competition takes place over several days under the scorching sun in the middle of the Sahara. To keep fit locals often drink a special infusion of the bark of trees, which has a hallucinogenic effect. Apparently, from this their movements really become more plastic, and smile - wide.
12. Ritual dance
13. Male Beauty Contest
14. Preparing for the holiday makeup