20 facts about Armenia that you need to know
In the southern part of the Caucasus, among the most beautiful mountains and plains, nestled amazing and wonderful country - Armenia. A trip to this country will remember most pleasant experiences and will be filled with bright emotions from acquaintance with nature, traditions and culture of the local population, and the hospitality of the Armenian people finally conquer your heart.
1. Armenia - a small country in the Caucasus.
It shares borders with Turkey, Iran, Azerbaijan and Georgia.
2. In September 1991, Armenia withdrew from the Soviet Union and became an independent state
Monument Mother Armenia was established in Yerevan in honor of the Soviet victory in the Great Patriotic War.
Armenian Genocide in 1915
The Armenian nation is preparing for the commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide in 1915 in Ottoman Empire as a result of pogroms and expulsion were killed about 1, 5 mln. People.
4. International celebrities of Armenian origin.
Not only the famous Kardashian family has Armenian roots. The father of singer Cher - a native of Armenia.
5. The country has strained relations with some neighbors
Relations between the Republic of Armenia and the Turkish Republic are complicated by the issue of recognition of the Armenian Genocide. After the collapse of the Soviet Union began the Karabakh war between Armenia and Azerbaijan over Nagorno-Karabakh
6. Armenia has indeed become the first Christian state in the world
In 301 Armenia adopted Christianity as the state religion.
7. The centuries-old church preserved in Armenia
8. For example, this monastery Gegard
9. Sevan Monastery
10. The monastery was founded in 874
It is perfectly preserved to this day
11. But there is a place and present
Singing fountains in Yerevan
12. The Armenians like to play chess
And they really play well. Moreover, schools have compulsory chess lessons. Armenia is also among the world leaders in the number of grandmasters per capita.
13. Mount Ararat
Mount Ararat, the symbol of Armenia and is depicted on the emblem of the country, is not located in Armenia. mountain territory was ceded to Turkey in 1921.
14. The Armenian alphabet is one of the three most advanced in the world (along with Georgian and Korean).
15. Amazing monuments of Armenian alphabet set
16. Baking decorated letters
17. Armenia is famous for its famous brandy ...
18. ... fruits ...
19 and, of course, lavash
20. The Armenian diaspora scattered around the world
Lebanese Armenians. There are estimates that in Lebanon there are between 140 to more than 165 thousand Armenians.