Travel Krutitskoye in Moscow
• on Krutitskoye Travel to Moscow
In Moscow, there is one very unique place. Piece of historical Moscow, where time seems to stand still. I am sure that many of you are not even aware of its existence. Frankly - having lived for more than 30 years in Moscow, he got there only recently. It Krutitskoe yard.
"Krutitsy" in ancient times, called all the hills, lying on the left bank of the Moskva River from the river Yauza until tract Simonov. The name of this area happened, most likely, from the steep bank, which has here the river Moscow.
Prince Daniel of Moscow gave the bishops of Sarai and Podonskoy Diocese place on the steep bank of the Moskva River and ordered Bishop Barlaam to arrange here a temple of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul, whose consecration was committed in 1272
is important for the prosperity of Krutitskoye played its location: the proximity of water (river Moscow) and land (Nicholas Ugreshskaya road) routes. Along the eastern part of the fence to the famous since the XII century. Kolomna road. Heading to the Horde, the Moscow princes often traveled by Nicholas Ugreshskaya road. They played a role closely spaced Simonov and Novospassky monasteries, attracts many pilgrims.
The flourishing monastery associated with the name of Metropolitan Paul II (1664-1676), educated man of his time, the patron of arts and sciences. The extensive and well-maintained building with Metropolitan Krutitsy Paul II turned this corner of Moscow, according to contemporaries, "a kind of paradise." In eastern podvorya it was arranged beautiful garden - one of the first Moscow ornamental gardens, in which the plants were supplemented fancy "water cannon" (fountains), which allowed water to springs. By the garden has a small vegetable garden. Krutitskoe farmstead passed different stages of development - from prosperity to ruin.
In 1737 the raging fire in the capital of the Trinity has not spared Krutitsy. According to some reports, the cathedral of the Assumption church was severely damaged in a fire it, Krutitskii Mansion and several other buildings. Due to the damage attics tile roof it was replaced by the iron, the affected faces of the saints have been whitened with lime, and one of the passages in the holy gates laid. In such a disfigured tower it was up to the restoration in 1868, when the town council ordered to give it original appearance.
The current "new" building of the Assumption Cathedral has two floors. The lower tier with a warm church of St. Peter and Paul was built in 1667-1689 gg. and consecrated on June 29, 1699 According to some reports, the consecration made Patriarch Joachim. Construction work was carried out under the Metropolitan Varsonofy (Chortkiv), buried in the southern part of the lower church. Upper (old) church with the main altar of the Dormition was built in 1700, Side-altar of St. Sergius of Radonezh arranged in 1895
Cathedral of the Assumption has a height from the ground to 29 meters podkrestnogo apple and completed the traditional five domes, symbolizing the image of our Lord Jesus Christ surrounded by the four evangelists. He built of red brick and is a very large building Krutitsa ensemble. To the entrance porch is covered staircase on the pillars. An interesting feature of the temple is that bulbous head also made of brick.
One of the most interesting buildings on the territory of the monastery is the Gatehouse Terem, decorated with ornate tiles and lace stone carvings.
In the construction of attics spent about 1500-2000 tiles.
Krutitsy Mansion and covered walkways leading from the metropolitan chambers of the main Cathedral of the Assumption, was built in 1693-94 years.
The Holy Gates.
The holy gate was decorated with a fresco image of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Savior, and some saints. Now their condition is very sad, like attics in general.
In Moscow, the program is actively promoted the construction of 200 churches. It is clear that this program has specific goals and interests. And the money was for the construction. Just why this remake, when the history of several centuries, disappearing before our eyes?
Metropolitan Chamber (palace Krutitskii metropolitans) - storey building brick size 27 25 x 12 35 m -. G. 1655 constructed in thickness of the walls of the first floor comes to 120 cm, on the second floor -. To 115 cm.
to the southern facade of the building adjoins an elegant porch, restored in the XX century. On the ground floor, apparently placed economic and other offices on the second - the ceremonial and residential.
Playground next to the farmstead.
During the War of 1812 Krutitsy as a significant part of the city, badly damaged by fire. Significantly affected the upper church of the Assumption: burnt roof, the iconostasis was completely destroyed. Within five years the temple remained uncoated, and only in 1817 the wooden roof was constructed over it. And went to the temple of Peter and Paul. He was defiled by the enemy, a Frenchman, so it took a new consecration, committed 13 January 1813. Ten years later, May 17, 1823 renewed and consecrated the upper church of the Assumption. Her old wall painting had disappeared.
The revolutionary events of October 1917 and the subsequent years, of course, did not contribute to the conservation of monuments Krutitskoye.
Assumption Cathedral was stripped of crosses on the heads, icon-painting pictures on the walls are badly damaged, plastering places completely crumbled. Transitions connecting metropolitans palace of the Assumption Cathedral, propped up with wooden rafters, obviously, because of the danger of collapse of the walls.
In 1947, by order of the Committee for the restoration of architectural drafting Krutitsa Palace was begun at the Council of Ministers of the USSR. This restoration work was headed by outstanding figure of Russian Culture Pyotr Baranovsky.
However, in spite of the restoration, the church life Krutitsy froze. This went on for decades, one by one replaced "tenants".
It is known that after Stalin's death in 1953 during a day in the dungeons Krutitskaya detained his henchman Beria.
Since 1991 a large part of the premises monastery gradually returned the Russian Orthodox Church.
With the blessing of Patriarch Alexy farmstead was given the status of the patriarchal.
The first rector was appointed monastery translated into Krutitsy March 15, 1992 Archpriest Valentin Chaplin.
Since 1992, we began construction and restoration work.
In 2003-2004. dome of the Assumption Cathedral were covered with copper, and old crosses, set in the middle of the twentieth century, PD Baranovsky, replaced by new, covered with gold leaf. At the same time it has been updated civilian buildings farmsteads - houses number 11 and 13 on the street krutitskoy.
In 2007, at the courtyard there have been many restoration and improvement work. Full swing restoration upper temple Assumption Cathedral was tremontirovanno HIP porch roof and restored Krutitskii transitions. In August 2007, the first worship in the upper church were carried out. were also carried out work on landscaping monastery, installed new lights and benches.
In 2008, it was restored cobblestones XIX century, covering a large part of the monastery, including near the temple, which is the only old cobblestones, preserved in Moscow to this day.