20 facts about marijuana
• 20 facts about cannabis
1. Marijuana is made from the dried shredded flowers and leaves of the hemp.
2. Worldwide, about 162 million adults use marijuana at least once a year.
3. Marijuana is the most popular after drinking a relaxing and mood-altering drug that is used around the world.
4. Almost 40% of secondary school students in the US have tried marijuana at least once in their life, while 20% use it regularly.
5. According to the calculations, you need to 800 "stocks" to kill a man, but the cause of death is poisoning by carbon monoxide, and not an addictive substance.
6. There are more than 200 slang names for marijuana. The most common: grass, weed, hash, and ganja.
7. International and the scientific name of marijuana - cannabis. However, it is more often called simply "agent" in the United States.
8. The name "marijuana" is derived from the Mexican slang and is believed to be derived from the Spanish pronunciation of names Mary and Jane. (Two of these names in the Mexican military slang designated prostitutes or brothel). The name "marijuana" has become popular in the United States in the late 1800s.
9. cannabis plant can grow in almost any environment. The growth rate is an average of 3-5 cm per day. The height of adult plants - about half a meter. 10. The principal active ingredient in marijuana - is THC (delta-9-tetrhydrocannabinol). It is a chemical effect on the psyche and causes the effect of marijuana.
11. psychoactive effects of THC in small doses is a sense of liberation, ecstasy, distortion perception of time. The drug may also cause an increased sensitivity and visual perception exacerbation of taste and smell.
12. The content of THC in the cannabis plant depends on weather conditions, soil type, time of harvest the plants, as well as the proportions in the mixture of dried leaves and flowers in the final product. Sample marijuana may comprise from 3% to 20% THC.
13. Countries where marijuana is either partially or fully legalized: Czech Republic, Netherlands, Belgium, England, Switzerland (private use), Australia, USA, Canada, Israel, (for medical purposes). In countries where legalized marijuana for personal use, the amount allowed for storage is regulated by law. Britain stands apart: while marijuana is not legal in it's official, for its storage in a small amount of the product is only supposed to confiscation, but not arrested.
14. From 1850 to 1942, marijuana has been included in the US Pharmacopoeia as a medicine for nausea, rheumatism and pain, and is readily available at your local supermarket or pharmacy. 15. Supporters of medical marijuana say the drug has significant medical value for patients who are suffering from AIDS, glaucoma, cancer, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy and chronic pain.
16. In 2003, Canada became the first country in the world to adopt medical marijuana as a means to alleviate the suffering of patients with pain.
17. In 1996, the year California became the first US state to legally enabling the use of medical marijuana patients with the recommendation of the attending physician.
18. 85% of cannabis around the world are grown indoors during the application of special bright lamps.
19. In Russia, marijuana has long called marijuana. Gradually, the word is almost gone out of use, and it remains only in songs and literature.
20. The world is not a single case of death due to the use of marijuana. Even conducting experiments on dogs, to find out what dose would lead to death, did not succeed. the body of the dog survived truly horse dose.