While relaxing in the water park in the brain bathers entered a dangerous parasite

While relaxing in the water park in the brain bathers entered a dangerous parasite

12-year-old girl vacationing with her parents in the water park, while swimming infected by a parasite that penetrated her brain and elected power supply.

According to CNN, a few weeks ago Hardig family living in Arkansas, went to rest in the water park. 12-year-old Kali Hardig (Kali Hardig) frolicking in the lake under the supervision of their parents, but their control was unable to prevent dangerous parasites enter the body girls.

While relaxing in the water park in the brain bathers entered a dangerous parasite

One day after bathing in Cali fever and there was a severe headache.

"At first, my daughter started a fever, and then she complained of severe pain in the neck and nausea. Every hour of her condition worsened. Kali cried and said that she was very ill, so I took her to the hospital, "- says the mother of 12-year-old American.

While relaxing in the water park in the brain bathers entered a dangerous parasite

in hospitals, doctors did patient lumbar puncture and found in the cerebrospinal fluid cause disease - amoeba Naegleria fowleri (lat Naegleria fowleri.), Dwells in fresh water at a temperature of 25-30 ° C. Experts explained Kali's mother that the parasite has penetrated into the nose and then into the brain of her daughter, causing the development of amoebic meningoencephalitis (inflammation of the brain).

Doctors entered the girl into an artificial coma to slow the metabolism and reduce the swelling of the brain, and then proceed to its treatment.

While relaxing in the water park in the brain bathers entered a dangerous parasite

"We have introduced 12-year-old patient antifungals, antibiotics and new experimental drugs are obtained from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, CDC). After treatment, we re-did the analysis of the cerebrospinal fluid of Kali and found no trace of it in amoeba. Other cases of the disease caused by this parasite, did not end so favorable. Apparently, the right action girls mother rushed the child to the hospital saved the life of her daughter, "- told one of the doctors treating Kali - Dr. Sanjeev Paz (Sanjiv Pasala).

While relaxing in the water park in the brain bathers entered a dangerous parasite

At the moment, 12-year-old American is still in critical condition, and doctors can not tell how damaged her brain and what are the chances of surviving girls.

After the incident with Kali Hardig Center for Disease Control and Prevention recommended that all Americans adhere to the following rules: avoid swimming in fresh water, if the air temperature is high, and the water level is low; keep your nose shut or use clips; after bathing nasal cavity wash with distilled water; avoid lifting of sediment from the bottom of the pond.