Liger is "the biggest cat" on the planet
So, what is the largest cat in the world? This liger, that is, the lion + tiger. Read on to learn some interesting facts about the liger.
Yes, really liger! Although Ligers exist only in captivity. Ligers appear when a male lion mates with a female tiger. This hybrid animal is recorded in the Guinness Book of Records as the largest cat in the world. Ligers belong to the same genus, but different species. They have some of the physical characteristics of their father lion and tigress mother. Even the behavior of Leagrove bit like the behavior of lions and little - tiger's behavior. Liger is not to be confused with tigrolvami. Tigrolvy - is a cross between a tiger-male and female lion. In the late 19th and early 20th century tigrolvy were more common than Ligers. Tigrolvy have not as impressive in size as compared to the liger, but they have characteristics of both species. Another term you should not confuse it tigon, it is the same animal as the liger. This was the general information about the liger, here are more facts about them to children.
The physical characteristics of
Liger looks like a giant lion, which has light stripes, like tigers. Ligers have a great body, compared to their parents. Leagrove head looks like the head of a lion, and the tail is longer than that of a lion. But Leagrove no mane. Their face may have outlets that are circular marking as leopards body. These markings may be black, dark brown or sandy. The main color can be sandy, golden or red. Facts about the behavior Leagrove
Ligers inherit behavioral characteristics of lions and tigers. For example, they enjoy swimming, which is typical for the Tigers. However, they are also very sociable than like lions. Unlike tigrolvov have Leagrove a better chance of life after birth. However, there is a possibility that Ligers can also inherit both types of health.
- Leagrove history dates back to the early 19th century in India. In 1799, Etienne Geoffroy Saint-Hilaire drew a colored picture of the offspring of a lion and a tiger.
- In 1825, GB Uitteverom engraving Leagrove pups was made, who were born in 1824.
- During 1935, four Leagrove from two litters were brought to the Zoological Garden in Bloemfontein, South Africa.
- Today, in an interactive park Jungle Island, Miami, there's a liger, who is known as Hercules. The liger is a champion among the largest Leagrove obese, which is listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the largest living cat on Earth. Hercules weighs more than 410 kg (904 lbs)
- Another liger is Sinbad, which was featured on National Geographic Channel.
Life expectancy Leagrove
No one knows the exact life expectancy Leagrove. The female-liger called Shasta, born in the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City, and died at the age of 24 years. The other was a male liger Nook, who lived in the valley of the royal animal reserve in the state of Wisconsin, and who died at the age of 21 years.
Facts about birth
For a long time, and Ligers tigrolvy considered sterile, but in 1943, a fifteen-year hybrid of a lion and a tiger was successfully crossed with a lion in the zoo Hellabrunn in Munich. Cub, the female poor health has grown and has reached adulthood.
Now, when you read the facts of the liger, you wonder if there is a white or snow white liger? It is reported that such a hybrid animal yet, but in theory there is the possibility of its occurrence.