SWAT and survivalist given 100 amazing tips
1) To begin, buy digital scales small or digital steelyard. Quite suitable load capacity up to 10kg. Now you can safely take your precision tool shop and weigh what buy. Do not be afraid to scare sellers =) And let them scare you no more, now everything is under control!
2) The most reliable and affordable way to lose weight equipment - to reduce its own weight. A few kilograms to lose is not difficult, and the ease and endurance you will gain, irreplaceable!
3) Thoughtfully, make a list of equipment, a lot can just leave the house!
4) Try to avoid fees at the last minute, this is the best way to avoid unnecessary and useless things, for example to sort the clothes.
5) If you plan to go hiking with a companion, consider the common gear, such as a tent and utensils.
6) Develop your sewing skills, be more creative, much of the expensive equipment can be made with your own hands (usually at the same time to buy it much cheaper - ed)..!
7) Try to buy or make a lightweight backpack. Backpack This is exactly where we should start will ease, since relieved of its equipment, you have to reduce the volume and weight of the package. As a result, you can easily get the weight of the backpack to 1kilogramm (or less!), It is almost 4 times lighter than a standard "Monster."
8) Try not to get the backpack of excess volume, often half-empty bag can not be tightly packed, and it can bring a lot of inconvenience in wearing.
9) Try to use your backpack (light) without a lap belt, maybe you will like it =)
10) If you do not use the chest tie backpack, just delete it! 11) Remove all "Leybachki" with all its equipment, with the leave care instructions if you are not able to remember them.
12) Cut off the excess length of the sling straps, it is best to do it measured off its thickest clothes. (Wearing the thickest hiking clothes).
13) If your pack has aluminum plate, try to take them out. Lightweight backpack does not require a rigid back. Here it is necessary to go from reverse =)
14) Replace the buckle and fasteksy into lighter (many producers deliberately put a thick and heavy in order to avoid the return of the guarantee).
15) Do not be afraid finer fabrics lightweight equipment, margin they usually sufficient to endure the vicissitudes of camp life. This also applies to other equipment - sleeping bag, clothes and so on.
16) If you decide to use a rain cover, choose the easiest! Often enough to put a garbage bag inside the backpack to solve the problem of getting wet (it must be more than a backpack, so as not to break longer - Ed.)..
17) Light compression bag will help reduce not only the volume but also the weight, as small volume requires a smaller backpack.
Outfitting for sleep
18) Buy a sleeping bag that you do not overcook. Surprisingly, many people buy sleeping bags on the "minus" and use them only in the summer.
19) Use the down sleeping bags, it is unsurpassed natural insulator that has the least weight. Do not worry about picking up the moisture that sleeping bag loses its effectiveness. Modern puhoderzhaschie tissue itself well to repel water, and fluff contains natural waxes that give it easy to restore their property (it's still a fuzz waterfowl). Use your skills to keep a sleeping bag dry. 20) If condensation in a tent or under the tent is too strong, wipe it with a small cloth before you get out of the sleeping bag, so you can avoid "the rain under the tent" and save your sleeping bag dry.
21) Cut a thin polyethylene film, garbage bag, rain cover can serve as a protection against condensation in the area of the feet, many things have the versatility that we often do not think about.
22) Due to the lighter gear whole can always take extra warm clothes for sleeping.
23) Sew the packaging bag-sleeve clothes from silikonki, it weighs about 30gramm and much more reliable than plastic (as it kind of helps to save the environment).
24) Try to make a silk sleeping bag liner, it is very easy, but it works well as insulation.
25) Keep the sleeping bag clean, it retains its effectiveness.
26) houses a sleeping guard in limbo or in a large package, so it will be soft for a long time and maintain its insulating properties.
27) Try not to spread a sleeping bag, long before sleep, because the evening dew condensation and not be able to fall on it and reduce its effectiveness.
28) The use of ultra-light inflatable mattress help reduce the volume of the backpack and will add comfort during sleep.
29) If your feet suddenly felt chilly (during sleep), put them on a plastic bag, a sleeping bag or similar from the package, often this is enough to keep warm.
30) Eat and drink right before going to sleep, it will help keep the body heat that is released immediately after a meal.
31) If you are using a self-inflating mat, try as much as possible to keep the valve open, it will allow condensation and moisture to evaporate. 32) Outer fabric of many self inflates mats absorb a small amount of moisture, and to sleep on a rug that is not nice - try to roll it on a dry surface and protect it from rain.
33) Do not be afraid to cut excess angles from a tourist rug, they do not retain heat, but they have weight.
34) Our grandfather used needles and branches for insulation, do not forget this experience, can often greatly increase comfort during sleep (and even our ancestors were treated migraine, drilling holes in the skull, yeah - ed)...
35) It can be a little bit gone crazy and use the "bubble wrap" if weather conditions allow too insulated, but remember that the bubbles burst if you rely on the mat with his elbows or knees.
36) Feel free to use the free stuff as a pillow and a sleeping bag as a cover for a pillow case.
37), a roll of a lightweight backpack can be a good cushion, but not so on the standard karkasnike.
38) A small piece of porollona transformed into a comfortable pillow, just wrap it in clothes (in fact, no extra clothes porollona perfectly fulfills the function of a pillow - ed)...
39) As a nice cushion itself has shown a soft plastic jar - just inflate it.
40) Do not be afraid to use a simple awning instead of a tent in the warm season, and even in the offseason. In this case, you will need to make or buy moskitku-screens. This way you can save a few kilos.
41) By purchasing a tent, be sure that its size is suitable for your needs, the size of the group. Unnecessarily large tent is unlikely to be useful.
42) Supports several tents and awnings can be easily replaced trekking poles, sometimes linked together. 43) You can reduce the weight of your tent, gaining easier arc.
44) If you have a favorite tent, but you want to ease it, sew a new awning from silneylona on the pattern of the old.
45) Make a new purchase or lighter pegs, for example made of aluminum profile.
46) Instead of a cover for the tent, use a few office erasers, they are much lighter than the standard packaging. Pegs and arc also twist the rubber band so that the pegs were in the middle of arcs, so they are not anything Hole.
47) If you will have a little outing in the dry season, leave the tent at home, bivouac sack or poncho will be a full cover.
48) Also in the warm (very warm -. Ed.), You can give up the sleeping bag, bivouac sack or emergency (srebryanka) replace it with a blanket.
49) A simple rectangle of mosquito nets will come down for good shelter from mosquitoes with minimum weight.
50) Simple awning installation and has a plurality of applications, an awning is less demanding to the smooth surface and the space for installation (space about strongly controversial statement - Ed)...
51) As a protection from insects in the tent and all day long, you can use cheap Chinese hat screens from a fishing shop.
52) Many of poncho designs can serve as both an awning.
53) If you have to hike through the forest area, you can save weight by trekking poles and pillars for the curtain (do not forget about the hole in the skull - ed)...
54) If you decide to use extra bedding for the tent or awning (for example, in rocky areas) try to choose a rug with the best weight-strength.
55) In any case, the easiest litter is the one you left at home, so think again whether it is necessary to you (do not forget at the same time and that it can be used even a bunch of different ways - ed)... 56) Be sure that the litter is less than the top, if not, wait for the flood.
57) Consider the bivouac in a hammock, in hammocks have several advantages, such as indifference to the state of the soil and relief.
58) In slightly Komaristy areas is enough repellent mosquito nets instead.
59) If your tent awning can stand apart from the inside, think about using it separately, especially when mosquitoes are coming off or has not yet appeared (as it can be used with or bivuakzakom mosquito net - Ed)...
60) To remove excess moisture from the tent (in the morning), shake it well before you pack.
61) Check the weather forecasts from different sources, it will help make more objective conclusions and to give up unnecessary items of equipment.
62) At the last minute you can save a few hundred grams, leaving the car in the rain leggings or pants (if a brief outing, as the weather allows it).
63) If before LDPE weather forecast says rain is unlikely, it is possible to opt out of the poncho and rain pants. After all, even a light rain did not dampen the strong, and slightly damp clothes dry quickly warm day.
64) You can make a lightweight rain pants silikonki, follow a pattern reminiscent of cowboy pants, that is, separate the leg and attached to a belt or cord rezinochkoy. In these pants are not so stuffy, and its function is performed.
65) All the rain gear can weigh no more than 300 grams, if you pick the easiest patterns. Remember also the universality of rainwear poncho, which can become a shelter.
66) There is uncompromised combination gear. Such as shorts, a pair of pants, and rain pants. that is enough. 67) One more T-shirts and light jackets with sleeves thin enough too.
68) Avoid cotton fabrics if possible, as they are strongly grow heavy when wet, and a very long time to dry.
69) Lightweight synthetic materials (perteks Quantum, primaloft etc.) And natural silk successfully replace the heavy and poorly pakuyuschiysya fleece, two layers of fine silk clothes under the rain will give enough heat in the summer. A total weight is just about 170 grams.
70) Forget jeans, their weight is about a kilogram and difficult to dry. Light synthetic pants weigh about 300gramm and dries much faster.
71) If you need to try to insulate the thin puff or fluffy vest, their weight is about 250gramm. It weighs as much as T-shirt in cotton!
72) Use the lightweight synthetic hesitate shorts, running shorts example. Functionally, they are no different from the "tourist" but weigh less, and dries quickly. In cool weather, you can put them on top of the thermal underwear. It does not look very good, but in heavy traffic is a great combination.
73) If you're used to walk with the belt, replace your leather belt on homemade from the slings and fasteksy, it is convenient.
74) The use of silk underwear can reduce his weight in half.
75) Cap of a thin single-layer fleece wonderful warm at rest and at night.
76) If on top of the thin cap dress hat from silikonki, received a warm storm thing.
77) Pick the easiest cap of breathable synthetics.
78) Perhaps you will like to use a simple visor with an elastic band as a protection from the sun.
79) If you are too hot in the header, try the rim strip. With digital scales you can choose the easiest. 80) You can keep to yourself thin cellophane gloves (as in a set of hair dye) as a replacement, they retain heat well as a vapor barrier.
81) are cold hands? wear spare socks on top of cellophane gloves.
82) vapor barrier for hands can be drawn from the same package that you wore on the night of feet =)
83) The soft, but dense trekking socks are essential if you are prone to blisters. Pick socks
the shortest riding, they are the same function, but weigh less.
84) One of the surest ways to reduce the weight of the equipment is to replace heavy hiking boot
(God forbid ankle boots) for light running shoes. The old adage - a kilogram on the legs is equal to five in a backpack. We have to raise the shoes at every step, so why not pick something easier?
85) Often the laces in the shoes have excess length, do not hesitate to shorten.
86) The minimum set of dishes is the pot.
87) The easiest pot aluminum or titanium.
88) Avoid stainless steel, it is very heavy. Any non-stick coatings also have weight, so
Do they really need the business?
89) The best cup will light plastic.
90) One plastic spoons enough, stay in the role of the fanatic and drill a few holes in the handle.
91) Many like today to eat with chopsticks. Why not?
92) If the bottom of your pot light, bloat it. it will boil faster and save fuel. if he does not want smoked naturally, paint it a heat-resistant paint for grills.
93) In a fit of passion legkohodnoy leave cover for the pot at home, it saves
fuel, and we make it easier to boil.
94) Use wind screens for the burner or it Construct improvised or fabricate from something very easy. For example, aluminum foil. 95) Weigh on your electronic scales full tank for a gas burner, and then - empty. I felt how much weight metal?
96) If you want to take a washcloth dishwashing take the smallest, and best use moss, sand and pine cones.
97) As for tack pot suitable absorbent cloths of household goods. Cut it in half and you will have more and towel.
98) The best towel can be made from cloth-type economic skotchbrayt m. P. It is easy to squeeze and dried. and absorbency comparable to conventional towel.
99) The lightest gas burners weigh about 50 grams, and light burner alcohol from beer cans - less than 10.
100) Try homemade thermos pot (after boiling) made of conventional foam and reinforced with tape.